Mark joined Wills Street Eyecare in 1991. With over 30 years of experience, he remains passionate about all facets of optometry. In addition to enjoying busy consulting work days, Mark has been a visiting clinical instructor for over ten years in the Department of Vision and Sciences at the University of Melbourne, a Board member of the Australian College of Optometry (including five years as President) and consultant optometrist at Puckapunyal Army Base for over 20 years.
Outside of work, Mark enjoys spending time with Nicci, his partner of 17 years, and their two energetic beagles. With a keen interest in travel and a love of camping, Mark has spent time travelling throughout Australia in his 4WD. Having retired from 20 years of competitive squash, Mark now spends his weekends tinkering with his original VW Beetle.
Qualifications and Professional Associations
Bachelor of Science (Optometry)
University of Melbourne 1986
Graduate Diploma in Management
Latrobe University 1994
Graduate Certificate in Ocular Therapeutics
University of Melbourne 2002
- Member Optometry Australia
- Member Contact Lens Society of Australia
- Member National Vision Research Institute
- Fellow of the Australian College of Optometrists
- Former Board member of Australian Optometric Association (Vic division)
- Former Board member of Australian College of Optometry including five years as President of the Board