Welcome to our 'new normal'!
How fortunate we are that the levels of COVID19 in our community remain low and seemingly well traced.
As we move to fewer restrictions, we have established a 'new normal' in the practice.
The first and most important step is checking that you are well!
If you have any cold or flu symptoms, please do not come to the practice. Likewise any returned travellers, those who have been in contact with a confirmed COVID19 patient, or those who have been tested and awaiting results, must stay at home. Please call us if you need advice and thanks for your patience as we repeatedly ask these screening questions.
Other things you'll notice:
- Window check-in. Please ring the bell before entering.
- Number limits. The most patients and family we can have in the reception and waiting area is eight. Please come alone where possible (but we do understand the need for carers and families to come in together).
- More space! We've removed bulky furniture and surplus seating to allow for physical distancing requirements.
- Hand sanitiser. Please use on entry and again before trying on frames.
- Disinfectant. The sweet smell of Viraclean especially permeates the optometry rooms, where all equipment and surfaces are disinfected between patients.
- Opometrists are wearing facemasks for your protection.
- Frames go for a bath after being tried on.
- Appointments are made to collect spectacles and contact lenses.
- Optometry appointment times are more spread out (it's all about controlling the numbers!).
You might be getting tired of these procedures, but as a small business and health setting, we take our responsibilities very seriously and will be following the Health Dept guidelines for as long as it takes.
Thanks for your cooperation and we look forward to providing your ongoing eye care.